Compare Paypal and Stripe pricing
PayPal and Stripe are the most popular payment gateways when you searching for a payment provider for your business or startup, both have many payment methods and payment solutions, and we understand it can be overwhelming to decide Stripe or PayPal fits your needs, so let’s compare both payment gateways.
Compare PayPal and Stripe Features
Before we go compare the pricing models of Stripe and PayPal it is important to check if they offer the features you need for your business, both companies have many payment solutions for your business and integrations for your website or app.
PayPal is offering Features for small and enterprise businesses, they are active in mostly all countries with makes them perfect for global businesses.
- Buy now & Pay later
- Fraud detection
- Credit Card & Local Payment Methods
- Invoicing, TAX, and Terminals
- PayPal QR Codes and PayPal Buttons
- PayPal API and many integrations
Stripe is a payment provider founded in Silicon Valley, they are not only the most popular payment provider for startups in silicon valley anymore, they serve the largest enterprise companies in the world.
- No-code payment solutions (payment links)
- Invoicing, TAX, and Terminals
- Stripe API and many integrations
- Stripe Elements and Stripe Checkout
PayPal and Stripe pricing
Both Stripe and PayPal have different pricing models based on your business or where your company is located, to know exactly the pricing it is best to contact them for the exact pricing based on your situation.
Below the will compare the pricing of both PayPal and Stripe to let you decide which pricing fits best your needs.
When we talk about PayPal Pricing we mean Merchant Fees, the PayPal pricing for personal use is different, we only compare here PayPal Business Pricing with Stripe Pricing.
- Invoicing: 3.49% + fixed fee
- PayPal Checkout 3.49% + $0,09 fixed fee
- PayPal Guest Checkout 3.49% + $0,09 fixed fee
- QR code Transactions – 10.01 USD and above 1.90% + $0,09 fixed fee
- QR code Transactions – 10.00 USD and below 2.40% + $0,09 fixed fee
Additional PayPal costs
- Advanced Fraud Protection Services: 0.05% per transaction
- Additional Risk Factors: Up to 5% per transaction
- Chargeback Protection: 0.40% per transaction
- Uncaptured Authorization Transactions: 0.30 USD
To see a complete PayPal Pricing please see: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/merchant-fees#fixed-fees-commercialtrans
Stripe has really simple and clear pricing, the transactions fees are mostly based and depended on which payment method the clients make the payment, you only
- Credit Cards & Wallets: 2,9% + US$ 0,30
- ACH Direct Debit: 0,8%
- Stripe Terminal 2,7% + US$ 0,05
- Alipay: 2,9% + US$ 0,30
- Apple Pay: 2,9% + US$ 0,30
- Google Pay: 2,9% + US$ 0,30
- Click to Pay: 2,9% + US$ 0,30
- WeChat Pay: 2,9% + US$ 0,30
- Bancontact: 1,4% + US$ 0,30
- EPS: 1,6% + US$ 0,30
- Giropay: 1,4% + US$ 0,30
- iDEAL: US$ 0,80
- Multibanco: 2,95% + US$ 0,30
- Przelewy24: 2,2% + US$ 0,30
- SOFORT: 1,4% + US$ 0,30
- SEPA Direct Debit: 0,8% + US$ 0,30 tot $6.00
- AfterPay: 6% + US$ 0,30
- Klarna: 5,99% + US$ 0,30
Additional Stripe costs
- $10.00 bill for failed payments or chargebacks via SEPA direct debit.
- Instant payouts 1%
- Custom Domain: $10 per month
- Stripe Billing: 0.5%
- Stripe Invoicing: 0.4%
- Stripe Tax: 0.5% per transaction
To see a complete Stripe Pricing please see: https://stripe.com/nl-us/pricing#pricing-details
Who has better pricing Stripe or PayPal?
Now we have compared the pricing of Stripe and PayPal you can make your own decision and compare which have the best pricing and features for your business, both have competitive pricing but our advice is to try both and make a breakdown of the monthly costs and then make a distinction which payment gateway you choose.
Feel free to contact PayRequest if you like to get more information or advice on the best payment gateway for your business.